HARVESTLAND® All-Natural Beef Hot Dogs, 8/LB
HARVESTLAND® RTC IF B/S Chicken Thigh Filets
1/4 cup canola oil
Salt to taste
1 jar yellow mustard (6 ounces)
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 cup self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pour oil into 13x9-inch baking pan and place in oven to preheat.
- Salt chicken pieces lightly.
- In wide, shallow bowl or pie plate, combine mustard, hot pepper sauce and ground red pepper.
- Place flour on large platter or waxed paper. Coat chicken thoroughly with mustard mixture, then roll in flour.
- Place chicken in preheated baking pan and oven-fry 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking. A meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh should register 180°F.
Oven-frying has replaced pan-frying for many because it uses less oil, but if you would like to pan-fry Cajun Chicken in the classic way, use a large, heavy skillet or deep fryer and 1/2 inch oil.